SiteGround is fast, secure and.has outstanding support.

Web Hosting

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Fellowship Excerpt

Until this time, none of us were even required to bring a side dish or dessert. I broke that rule when I brought Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie to the first fellowship followed by homemade brownies and my version of Pan Pizza instead of Pizza Hut’s $10 three pound Tuscany Pasta. Knowing the ladies in the class, they’d barely eat half a pound.

To the older sister, I said, “It would be nice if you got the plates, cups, knives, forks, spoons, and napkins. Just get something plain if you can’t find anything with an Easter theme on it.

“Since we are making meatloaf, I want you to purchase the ingredients for at least two 13 X 9 inch pans. I ‘ll help by paying for half,” I said to the younger sister.

“My job will be to find appropriate scripture for this Easter theme via the Internet. I will also help preparing the main dish.”

“What about decorations? Every fellowship we’ve had has decorations,” the older sister said.

“Mother would be glad to help with that. She stores a lot of stuff like that at the house. I’ll ask her,” the younger sibling said.

“Let me give you my thanks in this,” I told the younger sibling, ”I realize this puts a strain on you because you’re the only one with a car and a drivers license now that the your sister’s husband no longer drives.” The younger sister nodded her appreciation and smiled.






For the complete story, go here:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/8344701/the_fellowship.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers