SiteGround is fast, secure and.has outstanding support.

Web Hosting

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day meant more about meaning of scripture and reflection of blessing

Mother's Day meant more about the meaning of scripture and reflection of blessing


Mother’s Day made me reflect  on all the little things my mother did for me in the past week. My mom was the type that gave other things than money. Patience, concern, a sympathetic ear, and a few hugs was what was received by me from her. She didn’t expect anything in return.

Exodus 20:12 said:
 “Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the Lord your God is giving you.” (NIV)

Flowers, candy and a gift card didn’t cut it. For me, that meant remembering that she took me to Best Buy on Monday allowing me to purchase a Samsung Galaxy SIII. My brother and sister each gave the gift of money last Christmas, begging me to retire the ancient Nokia 6010 used until my getting weary of the second one after the on/off button wouldn‘t work. The first was ruined after being too close to magnetic doors during a trip to Clinic Care in December 2011 for a kidney infection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers